Follow me on Twitter!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dear Grief

Unfortunately, you are a very hard thing to deal with. I don't like you... I guess I'll have to get used to you though-because suffering produces endurance-- and a lot of other things that are forming me into the image of Christ.

Just because I battle you, does not mean I'm sinning. For it is indeed a battle, and in this round, I have been stabbed too many times.

As long as the Lord keeps me fighting- as long as I stand, press forward, my eyes toward the goal-- you will never win.

You oh grief, do not hold any power over me. Your child anger cannot bruise me. Fear-he cannot cripple me. Guilt? Your lovely cousin? Cannot tempt me. I stand in the grace of God. There's nothing he can say, nothing he can accuse me of that th eLord hasn't forgiven me for. That my Jesus' nail pierced hands don't speak for.

As for your father and mother?
Sin and Death? Ohhhhh... My daddy has words for you!!! "Death is swalled up in victory. Oh death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?"
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor 15: 54-56

Oh guilt, oh death, sin, grief, anger. To be honest I cannot defeat you. I look at you and I cringe, for you are painful, and I wish if I just ignored you, you would go away. But you won't.

"Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness,"

THEREFORE:

I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamaties,

For when
I
am
weak
then
I
am
STRONG


1 comment:

So, what'd you think?