Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What Insanity is This?

Well. My head is absolutely spinning. Today was an amazing day.... and yet it was so insane. It was totally not what I had planned at all.

My day started out really relaxing. I went to the park and roller-bladed. The weather outside was perfectly delightful!!!! This is what went on inside my head:

"I'm so happy!!! I absolutely *love*  spring. When it comes, I have this strong desire to do backflips... if only I knew how without busting my head open.
In the winter, everything's dead. Doomed. There's all these clouds in the sky, and there's a significant lack of light. I hate darkness.
BUT SPRING.
Ahhhh spring.
Daffodils poke there sunshiney faces into the sky, birds begin screaming praises in the air, and oxygen even SMELLS sweeter.
New life is here! The dark days are gone! (Can I do backflips now??)
Watermelons, Cantelope, Strawberries.....sparkling blue water, happy dancing clouds, and the song that all of nature seems to sway to in the wind. When spring comes I want to join that happy dance.
WARMTH IS HERE!



and my face looks like that. SO MUCH JOY. In fact, it's hilarious. I laugh all the time, but I seem to smile even more in the spring. But then again... Lately my friends at school have been commenting on the fact that I always seem happy. They can't quite figure it out. Which makes me smile a little bit more. If I tried to explain to them that the reason I smile is not that someone spiked my lemonade... or that I'm superbly busy with lots of fun things to do... if I tried to explain to them that it was because Jesus saved my soul, and I can't *help* but grin... they would be completely caught off guard by that response.

Strapping on a pair of roller-blades is like strapping on a pair of wings. I can feel the wind whipping through my hair, as oxygen is pumped into my lungs. It's so exhilarating. But I'm new to the whole thing. When I strap on my roller-blades it's like learning how to fly. I used to have to be super careful of what I did and didn't do because of a disability I have in my knees.
But now, NOW I'm un-fearful. I strap on the boots, and forget. I forget I need an inhaler to breathe, I forget I could slide my knee out of place with one wrong move. When I strap them on, I can feel my muscles learning and conforming to the boots. Each time I put them on, they get stronger. This is my runway, I learn how to take off here:


By the time I'm done, my legs are killing me, and my feet are achey... but it's totally worth it all. Today I learned to jump. I can imagine being a baby bird and trying out new things with fresh wings, that's how I feel on my roller-blades.

Today I also went with a friend to see a movie. I adore this girl. She is so amazing. It was such a blessing to just be a kid again with her. We saw the Lorax, and walked over to ColdStone. We grabbed some icecream and just talked for hours. See, this girl used to babysit me. She's only about four years older than me, and now we're in the same college class at church. We love to joke and laugh, and it's such a blessing to see her every Sunday. We've both grown up so much, and it's so cool to be able to just laugh at silly little things and remember the joys of life when I'm with her.

Then I realized that I could not get home. I couldn't even get to church. My friend didn't have a car, and neither did I... But God sent a friend to swing by and pick me up! We headed to my church to get dinner and go to Bible Study....

But then it happened.

I got a call from my mom: "Hey, where are you?"
Me: "I'm in the car with Jessica"
Mom: "Well the church is being evacuated and everything is cancelled. Where do you want to meet me?"
Me: "I guess the Cafe Parking Lot? ... What's going on??"
Mom: "I don't know. I need to go now. Bye"
*click*
A little bit of panic set in... but I wasn't too worried, there had been multiple false fire alarms at my church, so I figured that was what it was.
Until the phone tag... and what I saw at my church. Droves and droves of cars streaming out of the parking lots.... Police cars with their lights flashing and blocking every single enterance.
Me: "Hey mom, I can't get in the parking lot at all... what's going on?!"
Mom: "Oh okay, where are you??"
Me: "I'm coming down the road"
Mom: *all I hear is noise*
Me: "Hey... just meet me at Starbucks okay??"
Mom: "Alright"
*click*
About twenty minutes later ... I find out there's a bomb threat. At my church. HOW INSANE IS THAT?!

All I could think to myself was "Why?" "Why would someone do that???" The next thought as I was sitting there in the Starbucks with my church the first thing you see as you look out the window, was "I just can't imagine it gone."
Technically, the church isn't the building. The church is the people. But I would definently miss my church building if it was gone.

But here's the cool thing:
Despite the insanity that was going on at my church BUILDING....
Church
            Still
                    Happened.

I still got to study the word with two very good friends of mine. A bomber might come and try to eliminate a building that he or she believes is the source of our joy.... but they never can get rid of it.

They can take away our building, they can't take away our faith.
They can take away our families, they can't take away our Father.
They can take away our Bibles, they'll never get rid of his Words.
They can take away our friends, but we'll never be alone.





No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what'd you think?