Follow me on Twitter!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Completely Crazy

God's spirit dwells inside of us.

Yeah, I know. Something we already know as Christians. But sit back and think on that again. Just because it's good to meditate on:

God's spirit dwells inside of us.

I didn't realize how important of a concept this was until just the other day as I was reading in

1Corinthians 2:11-16

No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.

When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit’s words to explain spiritual truths. But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means. Those who are spiritual can evaluate all things, but they themselves cannot be evaluated by others. For,

“Who can know the Lord’s thoughts?
Who knows enough to teach him?”

But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ.
I still don't completely get the impact of all of this, it's kind of mind blowing. When we accept Christ as our Lord and Savior he seals his promise to keep us with his Spirit. (It's no longer I who live but Christ who lives IN me Gal 2:20)

When Christ is in us we have a whole new perspective on things.

"Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else. For we are each responsible for our own conduct." (Galatians 6:4 &5)

When Christ is in us, suddenly the world thinks we're mental. Completely Crazy.
I have a perfect example for this.

This morning I took a walk around the neighborhood and sat down at the little pond that we have there. I took my Bible and started reading out-loud ( I have an issue with reading... Long story short, I understand better when I can hear myself.) So I'm sitting there reading out loud, praying, singing. Just you know... Being with God. Then the ducks waddle up, and I start talking to them. Suddenly the trash guy pulls up. It occurred to me..

"I look completely nuts."

Which of course, made me laugh out loud.

Poor trash guy.

Anyways, I thought I would share this verse that's been hitting me in the stomach lately
"As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died." Gal 6:14

People may not always think your sitting completely on your rocker. But God dwells inside of you, loves you, and will never leave you. What people think doesn't matter anymore. We have a Savior who loves us dearly... and that's all that matters :)

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff, L! I didn't know you were blogging till I saw the update on your mom's fb site. I love these verses, too. "Mind boggling" is right! :) Keep writing! And I'll keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

So, what'd you think?