Follow me on Twitter!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Purity vs. Innocence

I don't have a picture for you today.
Instead I have a thought. Well, rather two thoughts... And maybe my thoughts are a little blunt. But I believe they are worth posting.

I've been reading a young friends facebook wall, and it just makes me want to cry. I guess I don't understand the point of young girls looking to intimacy with a guy for love. Why keep going back to something that just doesn't satisfy?

My other thought is this....
There's a difference between innocence and purity.
Innocence is something a young four year old girl has, sure she has a flesh that one day she's going to have to give to God, but she's naive, new, and innocent to the world. Innocence iss something that is admired, but something she loses as she gets older. Not because she has been evil, but because life has been evil to her. As she turns to 14, and even 24 .. she may still be a virgin, but she's no longer innocent.
She's seen the reality's of life.

The thing about purity, is that it's a renewal of innocence. It doesn't mean that she doesn't know about the crudeness of life, instead she chooses not to be a part of it.

Purity is a CHOICE.
Innocence is a STATE OF BEING

No matter what happens to a girl who's pure, she'll always be pure. Purity is something God provides her the ability to have.

Innocence--- the state of being completely oblivious to sin (and or the evils of the world)... can only be regained in heaven. See.. in the Garden, the thing lost was this "innocence". Once Eve at the fruit she had the knowledge of good AND evil.

No one can handle that knowledge, and not sin, except God.

One day, purity won't be scorned, and innocence will not even be abnormal. But until then, I'm going to strive to be pure. No one can change that.







2 comments:

So, what'd you think?