Follow me on Twitter!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Joy Comes In the Morning!

Today in my devotions I read this:
Phillipians 1:21
"Alive, I'm Christ's messenger; dead, I'm his bounty. Life versus even more life! I can't lose!!!"
(The Message)

I found this so encouraging!
Through this move I have learned that it doesn't mean you are 'less spiritual' if you are not feeling upbeat and chipper. Christ gives us Joy. But I don't believe 'Joy' is the same thing as 'Happiness'. Although this does NOT mean God desires bitter, unhappy Christians. James 3:14-15 says
"But if you are bitterly jealous and filled with self-centered ambition, don't brag. Don't say that you are wise when it isn't true. That kind of wisdom doesn't come from above. It belongs to this world. It is self-centered and demonic. (God's Word Translation)"
Rather we are to be full of love, and joy!(Galatians 5:22)

Joy is this.. knowing that we can't lose, knowing to what we are destined, a life of eternity with our Lord and Savior! What a thing to be joyful about!!!

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good."
Titus 2:11-14 (NIV)

Praise be to God!! Or in the words of one of my favorite songs; "Oh! Happiness!!!"



For his anger is but for a moment. His favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may stay for the night, but joy comes in the morning.

You have turned my mourning into dancing for me. You have removed my sackcloth, and clothed me with gladness, To the end that my heart may sing praise to you, and not be silent. Yahweh my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
(Psalm 30:5,11-12)(Word English Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what'd you think?