Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Wash My Feet"

This is going to be kind of a short post, because it's Wednesday, but I haven't blogged in forever so I wanted to leave a thought:

God loves unconditionally. Yeah, kind of a simple statement. But think about it, God loves unconditionally.

He loves us, even though he knows we're going to break his heart. He loved us, even when we already had broken his heart. He loves us now that we DO break his heart.
His love is eternal, it doesn't go away. His love is unbreakable, we can't be separated from his love (Rom 8: 38-39).

No matter what sin you commit, God still loves you. He hates sin, yes. But he loves you. The sin was taken care of on the cross. He slaughtered his son for the sin. He knows you aren't perfect, he knows you are going to mess up, but he still loves you, and still wants to use you. No matter how bad of a sinner you are. In John 13 When Jesus washes his disciples feet, right after that he predicts his betrayal, and Peter's denial. Peter was still used by God!! God doesn't give up on people, why should we?

I pray that God teaches me how to be that kind of love. "I love you, even though you are going to betray me time and time again."
So many times I refrain from doing something, because I'm afraid I'll get hurt. We can't do that. We are to be Jesus to those around us, we're to be image bearers of God. God loves unconditionally, and serves us, even when he knows we will reject his service.


There are lines, I believe that. I don't think we should open ourselves up to abuse. But I do think, we need to stop and think about everything and say "Am I not serving because I know that this will cause me great discomfort?" God never called us to be comfortable, he called us to honor him in everything. Even if we have to wash feet.

Keep Sinking Up!
(image found here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what'd you think?