Follow me on Twitter!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Trust You?


(For your convenience, the places where God speaks are in bold so that it doesn't get overly confusing!)

(We enter, the sun has just risen, and the eyes of a very sleepy human has just opened...)

"Good morning God!"
"Good morning, isn't it a beautiful day?"
"Yes! Thanks for another day! (yawns and sits up, then looks at God) So what are we doing today?"
"Well, you asked me this year to change you, and so far it's been going really good!! I've torn down some of the walls that have been crumbling and built up some new ones. But today, let me show you what I have planned."
(God takes the human by the hand and they enter a construction site, this is the human's "heart" the human has asked God to do some additions, and make some changes with the crumbling foundation, and most of the 'heart' looks really well, but God takes the human by the hand and walks behind all the new walls that he has built and walks to the back of the heart. In the corner hidden by some shadows is a very old wall. This is where God takes the human and then walks towards the old, decrepit wall.)
(The human suddenly wiggles his hand out of God's and starts to back away. Fearful of what God might say.)
"Ummm, you know, God... I was kinda hoping we could do something else today..."
(God gently slides his hand back into the timid human’s. God then takes both of there hands and feels the wall.. it is crumbling, dusty and decayed.)
"This needs to be taken care of, my child."
"Yeah... I know. But maybe later... What about that wall over there??" (The human then points to another wall that is still in construction, it's smaller than the rest, but is progressing nicely)
(God smiles kindly) "That one I'm still working on. But this has to be taken care of. If you don't let me take care of this, it will destroy everything else that I've already done."
"But, but... this one is kinda hard to let go of, it took me forever to build."
"My child, did you not ask me to change you this year?"
"Yes, but I was kinda hoping that we could do this one later..."
"Do you want me to change you?"
(Stands, eyes flooded with fear, but then decides that this is really what he wants) "Yes Lord. I want you to change me." (glances at the old wall) "I.... I just, I CAN'T let you tear that one down!" (Tears begin to flood the human's eyes and he leans against the old wall and sits down.)
(God then kneels down and wipes the tears from his child's eyes. He then tilts the human’s chin towards his, and looks the scared creature in the eye. Care etched into every line on his face) "Do you trust me, my child?"
(The human gazes into God's caring eyes and then nods his head slowly.)
"I know this is hard for you, but you asked me to change you... is that what you really want?"
(the human nods his head vigorously.)
"Then if you trust me, and this is really what you want... then you MUST let me tear this wall down."
(The human nods his head. But then worry creases on his/her brow) "But that, that wall....(touches the decaying wall) This wall... will hurt!! Especially if you tear it down!! I won't have anything left!"
(God takes the human's hand off of the wall, and holds it in his.) "You mean, you won't have anything left to protect you?"
(The human nods his head, then hangs it in shame.)
"My child, I can protect you..."
"But this wall was doing fine..."
"But look..." (Takes the human's hand and runs it across the foundation of the wall.) The foundation is cracked, and it doesn't let any light into the things behind it."
"But that leads to the center of my heart!!”
"I know..."
(the human has a look of fear flash over his eyes, and looks around wildly)
"Do you trust me?"
(the human looks at the wall, then at God...)

"Okay. You can tear it down...."
(God nods his head slowly.)
(The lights fade and that's where we leave the scene...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what'd you think?