Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Whatever My Hands Find To Do.....

Yesterday morning I got up and began once again packing for the move to the new house that my dad is finishing up. (Only three weeks to wait now!).
I don't know if you have ever moved before, but packing can be a blessing and a curse.
It can be enjoyable to purge the stuff you don't need, but after a while you NEVER want to see a cardboard box, or sharpies, or tape.... EVER AGAIN.
As I was packing, I was really tired of boxes. And having to watch my stuff disappear into the boxes that I wouldn't be allowed to open for three weeks. I was sick of doing it, just flat-out TIRED.
In the middle of thinking how exhausted I was, as I was throwing different items into a box (Sort of sorted, but only half the effort I was capable of)I found a little laminated card with a verse on it, the card was my favorite color (yellow) so I stopped to look at it. This is what it said:

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of your inheritance." Colossians 3:23-24

............
Don't you love it when God does random things like that?
So yeah, when you get tired of working at something, because your just not 'feeling' it... remember you aren't doing it for the reward..."Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.." (Ecc 9:10) Your doing it because it's a way to honor God.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" 1 Cor 10:31
Yuppers! Keep Sinking Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what'd you think?