Follow me on Twitter!

Friday, September 24, 2010

I Desire.....

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 (NIV)

(WARNING ANOTHER JOURNAL ENTRY!!!)

If I delight myself in You... won't you be all I want?

James 4:1-3 (ESV)
What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this that your passions (pleasures) are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not recieve, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions (pleasures).

>_<

Ok, I don't think I've ever asked... because I'm afraid of vers 3... so I've "schemed" "fought and quarreled" I'm so wrong. Forgive me. Create in me a clean heart oh God, restore in me the joy of your salvation. Make You my passions, make You my desire.

... now I ask :p
But from a clean heart. You know I desire a relationship. Would you, prepare a pure, godly man, with his heart in tune with you--- for me? And allow me the patience, and contentment to wait on You?

If you intend for me to stay single, prepare my heart.
Whatever You have planned, please work in my foolish heart. It wants to run and fufill it's passions. You become it's passion. You fill me. You become my desire. And I leave the other passions behind. I'll leave the one's that are "proper" but need waiting and molding Your hands And I'll focus on loving you, Not serving you, not pleasing you.... I can only do those things through Christ, whom I claim is my friend, and whom I love dearly. I need to start acting like it.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the glimpse into your heart. I love what I see.

    ReplyDelete

So, what'd you think?