Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oops...

There are no "deals" with God... I think that's another thing I've figured out I struggle with.

"I've been a good girl, therefore God must.... (fill in the blank)"
"If I'm a good little girl, then God will bless me, hopefully in the way I want."

... which really isn't being a good little girl at all, is it? ...oops.

Let's see... that covers:

envy ( I want this God...)
manipulation (If I do this God has to do this...)
deceit (I'll be a good girl, but only if I get what I want...)
is jealousy the same thing as envy? maybe it is... but we'll put it on the list anyways.
discontentment (why didn't God do what I thought he would?!)
anger (Okay God, what do I have to do to get you to understand, THIS is what I want... not THAT!!)

And the whole time God's going... "Hun... I never agreed to that...."

Sounds like a good little Christian girl no?

I have a lot to work on......


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what'd you think?