Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Afterlife



I've tasted fire, I'm ready to come alive
I can't just shut it up, and fake that I'm alright
I'm ready now, I'm not waiting for the afterlife

I let it burn the way that sunlight burns my skin
The way I feel inside, the way the day begins
I'm ready now, I'm not waiting for the other side
I'm ready now, I'm ready now..........


Cuz everyday, the world is made
A chance to change, but I feel the same
And I wonder, why would I wait till I die to come alive?
I'm ready now, I'm not waiting for the afterlife.

I still believe we can live forever
You and I we begin forever now
Forever now
I still believe in us together
You and I we're here together now
Forever now, forever now
Or never now

Every day, a choice is made
Every day, I chose my fate
And I wonder, why would I wait till I die to come alive?
To come alive?
Every day, every day, every day, I still feel the same
And I wonder, why would I wait till I die to come alive?
I'm ready now, I'm not waiting for the afterlife
I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready
I'm ready now, I'm not waiting for the afterlife


 Okay, well first things first on this one; the music is absolutely horrible. I mean really? How hard is it to strum THAT guitar pattern? I was seriously disappointed in this song. There's no meat to the music!! It's almost as lame as autotuning a whole song (no offense to all you Kanye fans out there.) The next thing I want to mention about this song is the strangeness of the lyrics. At first I was aghast that Switchfoot would put this as the FIRST song on their album... as I misunderstood the point of the lyrics.
"Why would I wait till I die to come alive" I originally thought meant that Switchfoot was not going to wait for the treasures of heaven, but was going to seek all the pleasures they could here on earth. I was a little shocked at this and was ashamed that I had supported a message like this.
Further listening to the album opened up a whole different view, personally I love the appearance of the song in the last song "thrive" it ties the whole album together perfectly, and gives this "Hello Hurricane" flair to the CD.
In the end I must say I like the lyrics to this song. Because rather than saying we should do whatever we want, it really points towards living for Christ. It's really quite fantastic. We need to live like every day we're standing before the father, giving an account for the things we said and did. Would he be proud of us?

I'm going to just leave with that thought... because
1. I'm freezing
2. I have school in the morning and I'm NOT a night person.

3. If you guys are totally more interested in what's happening in my life and want me to quite the Switchfoot rant, lemme know.
4. I'm cold.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what'd you think?